Saturday, February 23, 2013

Inspiration Bytes: Praiseworthy revenge


Praiseworthy revenge

A king of China was informed that his opponents had risen in revolt. He immediately set out to annihilate them .He took a pledge that he would return to the capital only after achieving his goal. As soon as he reached near the insurgents , they surrendered. Everybody thought that the king would kill every one of them. They were however surprised at the courteous behaviour of the king with insurgents who were all spared . Mustering up courage , the chief minister said to the king , “ Sire , how can you violate your pledge in this manner ?”.
The king replied , “ I am firm on my pledge . I have annihilated my opponents by abolishing animosity from their hearts . See , they are now my friends “. Feeling sorry for his conduct, the ministers said , “Without doubt ,my lord, you have taken the revenge which is praise worthy and worth emulation !”

No comments: