Saturday, February 23, 2013

Inspiration Bytes: The great painter Vincent Van Gogh


The great painter Vincent Van Gogh

The renowned painter of Holland , Vincent Van Gogh, would remain engrossed in painting all the time . Totally absorbed in his work, he would work untiringly to give expression to his ideas by sprinkling colours in his paintings. However none of his paintings could be sold in his life time .

The members of his family considered him mad . “ When no one is prepared to purchase your paintings , why should you paint at all ? You don’t even recover the cost of your colours, “they would say.

When a person once dared to ask Vincent the reason for his persistence, Vincent replied, “To be lost in the world of painting is my hobby. This is my meditation too . The pleasure that I derive from my paintings sustains me , and this is the value I get from my paintings . What I really wish to find , I find in my paintings .”

Today Vincent’s paintings are valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars.

No comments: