Friday, August 9, 2013

A work' s reward is in work itself

   

                       A work's reward is in work itself

 A young boy was curiously observing his grandfather at work. The grand old man was busy planting a mango sapling, oblivious of his grandson and everything else around him. Finally the grandson lost his patience and said, ' Grand dad, I heard that it takes at least 12 years for the mango sapling to grow into a fruit-bearing tree. So, you will have to live up to your hundredth year to enjoy the fruits of your labour. The grand father replied, ' Dear grandson, I have already started enjoying the reward of my work. Even now I can put my knowledge of gardening to use brings fresh vigour in me.. The peace and inner joy that I am experiencing now, doing the work that I love so much, is my pay. Further more that you , my grandson and others would be enjoying the real fruits of labour done by me now makes my life more meaningful. Any work becomes an act of worship, if the objective is three folded, namely education of the worker, service to the world and pleasure to the Divinity.

No comments: