Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Speech reveals the man

     
                                Speach reveals the man




  Once a king was passing through a forest  with a soldier and commander-in -chief of his army. The king felt very thirsty. His soldier went in search of water. At a distance he found a well and saw an old man offering water to the passers by. The soldier went to him and ordered -" Oh blind man ! Give me also a glass of water. Be quick !. " The blind man replied  - " I don't offer water to a foolish servant like you. Go away from here." The angry soldier returned. Hearing the words of the soldier, the commander-in -chief himself went to him and said-" Oh blind brother ! give me a glass of water quickly." The blind man replied beautifully -" It seems that you are the master of the servant who came earlier. There is dirt in the mind but you speak in sweet words outwardly. I won't give you also water." The chief went and lodged a complaint to the king. The king became more curious and himself went to the man. After greeting him he said-" Sir ! I am thirsty. My throat very dry. Will you please give me water to quench my thirst ?" The blind man offering him a seat said -"  Your Highness ! Please sit down, I will give you water now." After drinking the water the king asked the blind man -" Sir, without the eyes how did you come to know that one is just a soldier, the other as the master of the army and me as the king? "
The blind man replied - " Your Majesty ! You don't need eyes to know a person. The speech itself reveals the person."

No comments: