Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thoughts from great minds

 
                                    Thoughts from great minds


        The person who does n't read is no better off than the person  who can't read.


       One needs only to see the way she is built to realize that woman is not intended for great mental or for great physical labour. She expatiates the guilt of life not through activity but through suffering, through the pains of child birth, caring for the child and subjection to the man, to whom she should be a patient and cheering companion. Great suffering, exertion is not for her. Her life should flow by more quietly and gently.

Research studies on stress  show that a long, healthy and happy life is the result of making contributions, of having meaningful projects that are personally exciting and contribute to and bless the lives of others. In the words of  George Bernard Shaw, " This is the true joy in life - that being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It 's a sort of splendid torch which I've got to hold up for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

The difference between success and failure is often five percent more effort.

Every moment of life is both a gift and a moment of choice.




   

No comments: