Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Nature, the kind mother and a great teacher.




                                 Nature, the kind mother and a great teacher.



       Man should be regarded as an inhabitant, or a part and parcel of Nature rather than a member of society. God created Nature for the service of man by His invisible presence in it. Nature is a home for everyone. She protects all equally. The relaxation one experiences in the lap of Nature while sauntering through the lawns, gardens, the woods and over the hills and fields, absolutely free from all worldly engagements is unique in itself. You can find the springs of life in Nature only. Companionship with Nature gives more air and sunshine in our thoughts.
Nature never complains. She always loves and cares. She always gives and shares. Furthermore, she has the healing touch which no one else in the world has. Kindness incarnation is Nature. Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things to others even if we don’t get anything in return. It is said that God could not be present everywhere in person. So he created mother in his place to take care of the siblings with selfless service and love. The same thing can be said about Nature also. Nature is also adored like a mother. The uniqueness is that She is ever present  and always with you.
If you learn to appreciate and love,care Nature, you don’t need a companion or medicine even.
Nature is a valuable companion which accompanies one through all life, giving comfort and solutions to all problems one encounters on the way.

Once a king, after hunting in the forest was very tired and resting in a garden with his retinue on the outskirts of the city. Suddenly a stone fell and hit his forehead. The blood started oozing out, and the servants applied medicine and bondage on it. In the meantime the minister ran out in search of the culprit. Soon he brought a poor lady before the king telling him that that was the lady who threw stone at him. The poor lady pleaded before the king, “ oh King ! I didn’t throw the stone intentionally aiming at your forehead. I was throwing stones at the trees on the road in the outskirts to get fruits for my child who is starving for the past two days. I couldn’t find any permanent job here and whatever I get by doing sundry jobs available I tried to earn something and feed at least my child. But many a days, due to weather conditions and non availability of any manual work, I cannot earn anything. While looking for some work anywhere nearby, I came here and found a tree laden with fruits  hanging high. So with the intention of providing atleast fruits to my hungry child, I threw the stones at it as I don’t have the strength to climb up the big ,tall tree and pluck the fruits from the top, leaving the child alone in this forest area.”

Hearing this, the king was pleased and ordered his servants to give two big sacks full of grains, food ,and coins to the lady. Not only this, the king offered her a permanent job in the royal household in tune with her skill and ability. The minister was surprised at this and said to the king, “ His majesty! Instead of punishing the culprit who had the guts to hit you on your forehead, why do you reward her ? It goes against the scales of justice.”

The king replied with a smile, “ Even the tree when hit with a stone gives the fruit to the one who throws stone at it. I am a king, a human being endowed with intelligence and discrimination. I should be more kind. It has taught me a lesson. From the taxes collected and reports of the ministers I was under the impression that all my people in the country are happy without any want. Today for the first time I realized that there is poverty and hunger in this seemingly prosperous country. Now my eyes have opened. As a king I should be a protector of my subjects like a father who takes care of his children. So whatever I give to this lady is not enough or equivalent to the invaluable lesson I have learnt today.

2 comments:

Vandana said...

Wise king indeed who understood this!

Jaya said...

Very nice story.