Friday, March 14, 2014

Impact

                         Impact

The great Indian epic, The Ramayana of sage Valmiki is a practical demonstration of righteous living. It is said that Rama, the ideal man was a form of the Lord Himself, who came to earth and took human embodiment to teach the human beings how to live their lives correctly. The richness of  Indian culture depicted in the Ramayana in a sweet style strengthen us in the face of difficulty so we may act with wisdom and manage our emotions through the waves of sorrow and happiness calmly and make our life sublime. Ramayana is philosophy of being your best. This is the reason for its universal appeal. The charm of Ramayana in any form is ever fresh and new.
Once a person asked a scholar of Ramayana, " Sir, is the Ramayana real or fictitious ? "
The great man replied , " When the Ramayana was composed, I was not there. When Rama was roaming in the forest and ruling his kingdom , I am not aware of my whereabouts then. So I can't say whether it is real or fictitious. But I can tell you about the impact of its studies and moral teachings on me. I experience actual improvement in the quality of my life. I have become a better person and find my life sublime and enjoyable. If you want, you can also try."

1 comment:

Vandana said...

A lot of times when children ask this question, I am not sure what to say. This is a good answer.